How we gather and use information
How and what information do we gather
We only collect personal information that you voluntarily give us via email, web-based fill-in forms, and other direct contacts you.
When you use the 1clx website or services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends to every website you visit, such as time of day, browser type, referring Web site address, and your IP address.
When you register for 1clx services, we may ask for information such as your name, company name, and email address. When you place an order online with us, we may also ask for extra information such as the billing address.
When you subscribe to our e-mail newsletter, you will be required to provide your e-mail address and to confirm your subscription by clicking a web link in your subscription confirmation e-mail.
When you place an order online with us, you may be redirected to an SSL-secured website operated by our trusted billing merchant and there you will be required to provide personal information (including your credit card details) to our billing merchant. 1clx will have access to your full name, company name, address, and contact info, but not to your credit card or payment account access data.
We do not collect or store any credit or debit card information.
How we may use gathered information
We may use collected personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide products and services that you have requested;
- to process your orders, perform billing and notify you of the status of your order;
- to perform domain name registration that you have requested as described in our Domain Name Policy;
- to facilitate the renewal of subscriptions for products or services;
- to provide you with an effective customer service;
- for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to provide you with information related to changes in products and services that you are using;
- to provide you with newsletters, special offers and other information where you have consented to receive it;
- to undertake any other promotional activities where you have consented to such promotional activities;
- to comply with or verify compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations;
- to re-engage with you on Facebook using Facebook’s Custom Audiences feature.
If you do not want to receive newsletters, special offers and other information that is not essential to the use of products and services that you have purchased or subscribed to you can easily opt-out from future communication at anytime by clicking a link at the bottom of a message from us or by sending an explicit unsubscribe request to [email protected]
We may use collected non-personal information for the following purposes:
- to personalize and support your use of 1clx website and services;
- to improve our products, services, customer experience and advertising strategy;
- for security, anti-piracy, and fraud prevention purposes;
- to identify actions or transactions as originating through an affiliate marketing or referral program;
- for targeted ads.
- for statistical or research and analysis purposes.
In addition, we may “de-identify” personal information by removing any information that identifies you specifically, and use the rest for the purposes set forth above.
We may share your information with third parties in the following cases:
- To provide services delivered by our partners.
- In connection with corporate events.
- To comply with legal requirements, cooperate with law enforcement, prevent crime, and protect legal rights or 1clx, you and others.
How long do we keep collected information
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was originally collected (or to which you have subsequently consented), and as permitted or required by applicable law.
Cookies and how we use them
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. None of the cookies used by this website contain any personal information. Below is a detailed list of cookies that this website may set:
- Session cookies.
- Cookies that remember your choice.
- Google Analytics cookies.
- Ad targeting cookies.
- Third party service provider cookies.
How you can control cookies
You can control and opt-out of receiving cookies in several ways:
- By using private browsing mode.
- By modifying browser settings.
- By means of free tools.
We use reputable third-party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to store your data and run the 1clx website and services.
Your rights related to your personal information
- Right to access information. You have a right to receive information about why and how your personal data is processed. You have a right to receive a copy of your personal data stored by 1clx, free of charge, in a commonly used electronic format.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of inaccurate personal data without undue delay, and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- Right to be forgotten. You have a right to withdraw your consent to personal data processing and have your personal data erased without undue delay whenever the data is no longer necessary (a) for service provision and (b) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
- Right to restriction of the processing. You have the right to have the processing of your personal data restricted where you object to it and 1clx has no legitimate grounds to continue the processing, where you contest the accuracy of the data, where the processing is unlawful, or where you require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
- Right to object. You have the right to object at any time to the processing of data, except when this is required for a task in the public interest or where there are compelling legitimate grounds for the processing. You can also object to processing performed for direct marketing purposes.